Artist Mike Hayes is selling his studio and home
Price: 850,000 euros (plus purchase costs)
This lovely four-story, terraced house sits on a broad avenue at the edge of the Amsterdam Forest where the 1928 Olympic’s rowing lake is situated.
Original 30s details
Built in the thirties, the house still has many original details especially the stained-glass windows in almost all the doors and in the ground floor windows.
Granite, marble, stained glass features
You enter a small enclosed hall with a granite floor and marble wall panels, then through a large stained glass door to the stairwell. The floor is parquet as are the stairs. From here you can enter the livingroom, kitchen, toilet and cellar stairs.
Oak parquet floor
The large living room, completely renovated in 2005, (as was the toilet), has an oak, fishbone pattern parquet floor. Wiring for an audio system is invisible in the walls.Double doors open onto the large balcony with stairs to the garden.
The kitchen is not large, but has a large oven, dishwasher, fridge, microwave oven and plenty of cupboard space.
- The first floor has two bedrooms, the bathroom and a laundry room.
- The front room, originally two rooms, has a modern, parquet floor and a large storage cupboard with sliding, mirrored doors.
- Double doors open onto a small balcony on the street side.
- The bathroom has a shower/bath, toilet and wash basin.
- The rear bedroom has a built-in cupboard and a washbasin.
- Double doors open onto a balcony on the garden side.
- The laundry room is completely tiled and can be used for washing machine and dryer.
- The second floor has two bedrooms and storage space.
- Both rooms have washbasins and built-in cupboards.
- There is a possibility to build a small bathroom between the rooms.
- Both rooms have fitted carpets as does the upper staircase.
The cellar contains five rooms, one being a bedroom and the others, at the moment, a storage room. One has been insulated and is fitted with a cooler for storing wine.
House backs onto a 2,500 acre forest
In the 2,500 acre forest, behind the house there are several sports clubs within a 20-minute walk: three hockey, one football, one tennis, two cricket and, of course, rowing. And as you would expect, there are kilometers of cycle paths.
Goat farm and pancake house
Worth mentioning is the goat farm and pancake restaurant.
Click the button below for all the salient details, photographs, floorplans, location and contact details
Click here for more details